Fody's Ground Beef Taco Cups
450g ground beef
24 wonton wrappers
1 Tbsp Fody’s Taco Seasoning
1 Tbsp Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
1-2 Tbsp https://fodcorner.com/products/taco-sauce?_pos=2&_psq=taco&_ss=e&_v=1.0
½ cup canned petite diced tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Fody’s Medium Salsa, for serving
Lactose free sour cream, for serving
Chopped cilantro, for serving
Chopped green onion (green parts only), for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Next heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil once it's hot. Add your ground beef and Fody’s Taco Seasoning and cook until the beef is cooked through. (About 3-4 minutes.) Then add your canned tomatoes (drained) and continue cooking until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. (About 5-7 minutes.) Stir in Fody’s Taco Sauce once done.
- Next place one wonton wrapper in the center of each cup in your prepared tin. (Push it down slightly so it "forms" to the cup.)
- Then add 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese to each cup and place another wonton wrapper over the cheese layer. (Again, gently push it down so the wonton "sticks" to the cheese.)
- Then fill each cup with your ground beef mixture and sprinkle your remaining cheese over the top.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake for 13-18 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the wontons are crispy. (I would suggest checking them around the 10 minute mark to make sure they're not burning.)
- Once done, run a sharp knife around the edge of each cup and pop them out of the tin.
- Serve immediately with Fody’s Medium Salsa and your favorite toppings!
Recipe created by Fody/Caitlin Monson.