(the top bread was baked with the help of wheat gluten and the bottom one without).
40 g chia seeds
240 ml water
300 g buckwheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
40 g wheat gluten
1 ½ tsp salt
160 ml water
60 ml rapeseed oil
35 g sunflower seeds
- Pour 240 ml water over the chia seeds and leave to soak for about 20 minutes.
- Mix buckwheat flour, baking powder, gluten and salt in a bowl.
- Add 160 ml water, rapeseed oil and chia-water mixture and knead into a dough. If necessary, use a mixer with a dough hook or a food processor. The dough will remain sticky and moist.
- Grease the loaf tin or line with baking paper and pour in the dough.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds on top.
- Bake for 70 minutes at 180 °C in a preheated oven.
Recipe created by Beatrice Schilling and team.