Butternut Squash & Tempeh Massaman Curry with Spinach & Aubergine (vegan, gluten free)
1 Jar of Bay’s Kitchen Thai Massaman Sauce
8g Bay’s Kitchen Concentrated Vegetable Stock
120g Tempeh or firm tofu
100ml Coconut milk
80g Butternut squash
20g Peanut butter
1 Red chilli, thinly sliced*
Salt & pepper
*Whilst chillies are a low FODMAP ingredient, some people with IBS have higher numbers of chilli pepper pain receptors in the gut, which can cause symptoms.
If you’re sensitive to chilli, you can leave it out of this recipe.
- Cut the butternut squash, aubergine and tempeh / tofu into small cubes, cover with half the jar of Bay’s Kitchen Thai Massaman Stir-in Sauce and leave to marinade for a few hours in the fridge.
- Put a pan on medium high heat and add the squash, aubergine and tempeh / tofu. Fry for a few minutes until some of the edges start to brown.
- Mix the Bay’s Kitchen Concentrated Vegetable Stock with the water, then add this, the remaining Bay’s Kitchen Thai Massaman Stir-in Sauce and the coconut milk to the pan.
- Cover the pan and simmer on a medium heat for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Stir through the peanut butter, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with red chilli and coriander.
- Serve with rice, gluten free naan or poppadoms.
Recipe created by Bay's Kitchen.