Jalfrezi Marinated Chicken Thighs
1 Jar Bay’s Kitchen Jalfrezi Curry Sauce
4 Chicken thighs
100g Coconut yoghurt
25g Almond flakes
15g Coriander, fresh chopped
Half a lime, juice and zest
Rice or gluten free Indian-style bread to serve
- Put the chicken thighs in a small container or bowl and pour over the Bay’s Kitchen Jalfrezi Curry Stir-in Sauce. Spoon the sauce over the thighs so they’re coated, and leave overnight or for 1-3 hours to marinade.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Transfer the chicken thighs and sauce to an ovenproof dish and bake the chicken for 35-40 minutes until cooked. Use a sharp knife to cut a small slit in the centre of the chicken to check it’s cooked all the way through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, prepare the toppings. Toast the almond flakes in a pan until fragrant and golden. Mix half the chopped coriander and the lime juice and zest into the coconut yoghurt. If you’re serving with rice, cook according to pack instructions.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, tip the spinach on top of the chicken and place back in the oven for 5 minutes to allow it to wilt into the sauce.
- When ready, put some rice on each plate (if using) and top with the chicken, spinach and sauce. Dress with a dollop of the coconut yogurt and a sprinkle of toasted almonds.
Recipe created by Bay's Kitchen.